Some fun web diversions for the weekend:
- Kathleen of Grosgrain is hosting a Free Pattern Month starting Monday! Stop by daily to check out offerings from some fabulous blogs, including Big Dill, Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing, Colette Patterns and Elegant Musings!
- McCall's just released some new summer patterns. I looked them over and...yawn.
- Looking for solace after inserting a sleeve backwards or sewing the wrong pattern pieces together? Check out CraftFail, the misery loves company blog devoted to craft projects gone oh-so-wrong. My fave? "Yarn Barf Slippers."
- I'm dangerously in love with a new site called Heartsy that's basically Groupon for handcrafted and vintage goods. Sign up through this link and get $5 off your first purchase.
- Speaking of Heartsy, through it I discovered a wonderful etsy shop, Jenna's Red Rhino. I purchased a waist cincher to use as a wide, corseted belt and fell in love with it! The workmanship is just gorgeous (and I'm very picky when it comes to handsewn items.) I highly recommend the shop!
- Finally, don't forget about my fabric giveaway! Enter by Wednesday to bring some 80s glory to your home.