Happy Sunday to all! Here are some links for your reading and sewing pleasure:
- Download a free couture-inspired 1950s day dress pattern from the Victoria & Albert Museum! (See photo above for the gorgeousness...)
- At So Zo: make your own panties out of a T-shirt and foldover elastic!
- At Burdastyle: Enter to win a La Petite Embroidery Starter Kit from Sublime Stitching
- At Colette Patterns: Ten Ways to Ruin Your Sewing. I'm guilty of many, but mainly the first: "Stupid self-imposed deadlines." They get me every time!
- New pattern giveaways this week! Check out the 60s patterns offered up at A Sewing Odyssey (ends August 11); the assorted pattern giveaway at Rhinestones and Telephones (drawing September 12).
- Chickpea Sewing Studio has a great idea for sewsters like me, who can't seem to get to the sewing room enough: the Sew 12 program! Pledge to sew for one hour for 12 days each month for 12 months. I'm in! It's a reasonable goal, which is something I can't seem to set for myself.
- Also at Rhinestones and Telephones: The Hepburn/Hepburn Project. Join in if you want to sew in the spirit of Kate and Audrey!