Wecome to Saturday! Here are some links for your browsing pleasure:
- The next "Frock by Friday" begins at Grosgrain on Monday. Participants will be making the Anda dress from Burdastyle, pictured above. (The idea is that you start on Monday and finish by that Friday.) I'm going to participate -- I'm hoping that it will help me learn to sew more efficiently -- but I'm already complicating the project in my head. How about layered chiffon? A different neckline? Godets? A belt instead of elastic? Maybe I should throw in the towel now and call if "Frock by February."
- Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges! Except when they're from the Vintage Sewing Wiki! Pick yours up here.
- Sewing With Trudy has a handy, super-easy skirt tutorial. Love the fabric she used!
- New Vintage Lady has a fantastic and very interesting article on vintage pattern pricing.
- Trying to date some vintage fabric? Mena at The Sew Weekly has a handy tip up her sleeve here.
- I'm guilty of The Seven Deadly Sins of Sewing. Are you?
- Laura at Sew Chic has an article on finding old sewing and dressmaking books on the Internet Archive. I'm cursing her already for pulling me into another web-based black hole!
- Carisa at Vintage Red has a few things to say about Vogue's new fall patterns!