First, a little Monday morning eye candy, courtesy McCall's 3696:
Lots of fun stuff around the web lately, and I meant to get it up this weekend. Instead, here are some clicky-clicks for your Monday:
- It's bad enough that all of you super-prolific sewing bloggers turn out gorgeous piece after gorgeous piece with such regularity (how do you have such great time management skills? you don't actually work or cook dinner or do anything else productive, do you?), now I find the blog New Dress a Day. The goal? To refashion 365 dresses in a year for $365: 365 dresses, 365 days, 365 dollars. With 140 days to go, she's made impressive progress -- I'm envious! (Plus she's based here in L.A., so she must be scouring the legendary Jet Rag dollar sale!)
- Sewaholic has a handy tutorial on how to match prints along seams -- a good thing to know, since mismatched stripes can only lead to trouble!
- It's not sewing-related per se, but Jessica at Chronically Vintage is having a fantastic giveaway for a $75 gift certificate for vintage eyewear at etsy shop Collectible Spectacle. More swooning! Hurry, the entry cut-off is midnight EST tonight!
- One of my fave new vintage blogs is The Freelancer's Fashionblog, which I initially found when looking for vintage hair tutorials. Vintage fashion, fun musings and great photos...not to mention a Finnish perspective. Check it out!
- I keep forgetting to link to this hilarious post at CoudreMODE, Edie Scissorhands. Just click it. Trust me on this one.